Your Forest Hills, Queens gynecologist plays an important role in a healthy lifestyle. He’s there through difficult periods such as when you might be having trouble conceiving or when you contract a sexually transmitted disease. He’s also there during the happiest times of your life —when have your first period or deliver your babies. It’s wise to build a relationship with an OB/GYN you can trust. When you need a procedure to deal with the serious medical conditions, you have an ally with compassion and experience.
When you have the need for a gynecological procedure, whether it’s something minor like treatment for a sexually transmitted disease or major like a hysterectomy, it’s good to know that your trusted Forest Hills, New York gynecologist only has your best interests in mind. Dr. James Gohar and his team have a goal to provide personalized medical care for you, a tradition started some 30+ years ago when the Forest Hills Medical Service was founded.
The team has since completely revamped the offices to include the most advanced technology available today. The new technology really complements the old-fashioned service you receive. You can expect one-on-one personal care without waiting. And when your condition requires more extensive treatment, Dr. Gohar is affiliated with Mount Sinai Roosevelt Hospital in midtown Manhattan, which is consistently ranked as one of the top hospitals for maternity and gynecologic care in the country.
You Are the Top Priority
In 2013, Dr. Gohar took over his mother’s practice with the aim of continuing her patient-centric approach to obstetrics and gynecology. It’s this patient-focused attitude that has garnered the trust of so many women from Queens, including the Rego Park and Forest Hills neighborhoods.
Procedures offered by your New York City gyno include, but aren’t limited to:
- Sonogram. Most people think of a sonogram when they want a live picture of the fetus in utero so they can tell the sex of the baby. A sonogram is the picture created by an ultrasound — a simple, painless test that’s performed in your Forest Hills doctor’s office. In addition to seeing a fetus, a sonogram can be used to create pictures of any part of your body, from your breast to check for lumps to your uterus when your gynecologist suspects polyps.
- Endometrial Biopsy. The lining of your uterus is called the endometrium. When your New York gynecologist wants to ensure that the tissue is free of any cancer, he extract a piece of tissue to be sent to the lab for verification. An endometrial biopsy also may be performed to test your fertility. This procedure is performed in the doctor’s office.
- Hysteroscopic Myomectomy/Polypectomy. This procedure refers to the viewing, testing and removing tissue when your gynecologist suspects you have uterine fibroids, or when you need to test for polyps. This procedure also is commonly used to test for fertility, too. You’ll never undergo a hysteroscopic myomectomy, a polypectomy or an endometrial biopsy when you’re pregnant, so tell your doctor if you even suspect a pregnancy.
- Laparoscopic Myomectomy/Hysterectomy. This is a surgical procedure that relies on the latest technology to minimize the size of the incision, even as it increases the field of vision your doctor has while performing the procedure. It’s usually done if you have large or multiple fibroids, are having difficulty getting pregnant or are experiencing excessive bleeding during your period. The laparoscopic nature of the procedure means that it’s minimally invasive, which reduces the risks usually associated with surgery.
- MyoSure. MyoSure is a patented system that your Forest Hills OB/GYN is proud to offer. It’s designed to remove diseased or questionable tissue from your cervix or uterus. That can include fibroids, polyps or other tissue that needs to be analyzed for further treatment or for diagnoses. It’s not appropriate if you’re pregnant, have had uterine cancer in the past or have a current pelvic infection.
- IUD. An intrauterine device, commonly referred to as an IUD, is a form of birth control that your doctor inserts while you’re in the office. Since there are a number of different kinds of IUDs, it’s beneficial to trust your gynecologist to work with you to find the most appropriate for your situation. And your gyno in Queens can check on you periodically to ensure you aren’t presenting with any side effects from the kind you’re using.
- OB/GYN Exam. The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists recommends that young women get their first gynecological exams before they turn 15 and then visit once a year after that to maintain good general and reproductive health. During the exam, you receive a general health assessment and may get a pelvic exam and Pap test. You may get certain vaccinations during your visits while you build a relationship with your OB/GYN. He’ll be with you during important steps in your life.
- Pelvic Exam. A pelvic exam is often performed during the OB/GYN examination. Even though you may start seeing your gynecologist as early as 13 years of age, you won’t get a pelvic exam until you’re older — usually after you become sexually active or are on the verge of it. A pelvic exam includes a Pap test, a visual inspection of your genitals and an insertion of your doctor’s gloved fingers inside your vagina to check for any abnormalities.
- Colposcopy Procedure. This procedure is performed in the doctor’s office and is a lighter version of a biopsy. It’s done when abnormal Pap results come back, and your doctor needs a small tissue sample from your cervix or your vagina. You may get a local anesthetic to help with any discomfort you may experience. The tissue then is sent off to a lab for further inspection.
- STD Testing. You’ll appreciate the trust and personal attention you receive from your gyno in Queens when you suspect you may have a sexually transmitted disease (or STD). To test for diseases such as gonorrhea or chlamydia, you need to provide a urine sample that’s then sent off to a lab for verification. Sometimes, you may need a blood test. Most STD testing requires a physical pelvic exam as well, and your doctor very often can diagnose an STD after an inspection and a swab of any discharge you may be having.
As a best in class gynecologist in Queens, Dr. James Gohar provides highly personalized and comprehensive care. His philosophy regarding the doctor/patient relationship is based on trust and has earned him one of the most respected reputations in Queens NY.
For more information about the OBGYN Procedures, treatment options or to schedule a consultation with the (gynecologist) OBGYN doctor, the best rated OB GYN specialist, Dr. James Gohar, please contact our Queens office.
Gynecologist Dr. James Gohar (OBGYN Doctor)
Forest Hills Medical Services
108-16 63rd Rd
Forest Hills, NY 11375
☎ (718) 897-5331